Saturday 30 October 2010

That feels better :)

It's a glorious autumn day. The sun is shining so bright, the sky is a beautiful blue, it's the weekend, it's my boyfriend's birthday, we have Samhain celebrations and life is good.

I've turned vegetarian again. And just being more in tune with nature just feels so good. Having something to celebrate feels good.

Last weekend I went to The Sanctuary, which is the site of a henge near Avebury, now marked with concrete posts. Standing in the middle of it, I got a sense of how majestic it must have been to be standing amid the original henge. I love the Sancutary, I'm not someone who feels energies that easily but whenever I go there, I always feel a burst of happiness and like the spirits are giving me a big hug.

Years ago, I came away from a visit to Sanctuary with the thought, "Hold on to the joy. Then, in times of sadness, you have it to fall back on, like an emergency supply of chocolate." Easier said than done but I like the sentiment.

So, Samhain tomorrow, lots to plan for, decorations to finish, lanterns to carve, apples to obtain for bobbing (yay) and I also need to work out what kind of ritual (if any) I'm going to do, it will likely be very low key but I would like to do something...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment